Join START Munich as a Member
In 2003, entrepreneurship was hardly on anyone’s radar in Munich. Everybody wanted to join big companies. After his time in Stanford and at Google, Felix Haas decided to found START Munich together with 2 fellow students as an official student club at the TU Munich. Haas – today startup investor and co-host of Bits & Pretzels – gave entrepreneurship in Munich another voice it needed.
Much has changed since then. Alumni have set up successful events with up to 600 participants, founded successful companies such as Freeletics, Kreditech or Unu, and entrepreneurship has entered large corporations. But one thing has remained the same to this day: the club does everything in its power to connect its members in the best possible way and to promote entrepreneurship in Munich.
What awaits you:
- A network of talented members and potential co-founders
- Direct encounters and insights into the most successful startups in Germany
- Contacts to investors, mentors, startups, speakers and industry experts
- Access to our international START Global Network with partner chapters such as START St. Gallen, START Barcelona or START Berlin
- An extensive network of partners and alumni to provide you with the right contact for any startup topic
- You are in university or doing an apprenticeship
- What counts is your motivation and your enthusiasm for entrepreneurship
- You are eager to start or have already started a company
- You often think about which products or services the world is still in need of
- You want to get in contact with prospective co-founders
You don’t have to be born a networker – START Munich supports you in the best way possible in building up your network. Prospective founders are often very busy, so your time commitment to the club depends on your time availability. However, if you feel like gaining practical experience, improving your skills and expanding your network even further, we are there for you as well: we look forward to welcoming you to our startup-like departments! Marketing, HR, Digital, Program Management or Finance – there will most definitely be an area that suits your interests.
Simply click on the button below and fill out the application form. The membership fee is 20€ per semester. The application process consists of the online application and an interview round with the board. We accept 20 new members per semester.
Any questions? We are happy to answer them! Just contact us via HR@startmunich.de.
The application phase for the winter semester 19/20 is completed. If you want to stay informed about the start of our next application phase, follow us on Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn … or just let us notify you!